Sunday, July 14, 2013

Browser Chrome vs. Firefox

I have to say that I was very much in love with firefox during the school year because of its fast and easy to navigate design. I had however not tried google chrome until this summer. I have to say that I think I will be using google chrome for most things because of already having many of the google products. It makes working with various items seamless. I had not explored many of the add on apps but I love how fast and easy it is on google chrome. I tried several add-ons and I am going to love having a QR code add on right at my fingertips instead of always running to create a QR code on a website that generates them. I think the students would really benefit from using the easy bib add-on. Last year we just made it a button on their ipads but this way they could sign in and always have what they are working on with in easy reach for creating a bibliography. I will play more with pocket but I think this add-on might also be useful for storing information on a research project a student might be working on. I am not sure yet about google chrome at school on the lab computers. I will need to see how easy is is to sign in and out and what is stored on the hard drive.

1 comment:

  1. Diigo is also a great research tool for students, and teachers can create private classroom accounts, if students don't have email addresses. See the Online Bookmarking unit for more information about Diigo.

    Signing into Chrome is easy, but removing a users account is not as intuitive and students often forget to sign out of chrome. It's a great feature when using Chromebooks though - all their apps are installed when they login.

    ReplyDelete